Thankyou so much Stephanie from http://stephaniesbookreviews.wordpress.com for nominating me. It has truly encouraged me and I am thrilled to accept it. I can say though that I was surprised. It has made my day!
– Link back the blogger that tagged you
– Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
– Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate
– Let your nominees know of their award
1. I have a compulsive need to finish a series once I start it. What are your book compulsions? If I ever considered buying a book part of a series, I had to first buy the whole series and then begin reading from the beginning, even if the books weren’t connected. Thankfully now though, I have broken away from that However one ongoing compulsion of mine is needing to finish reading a book once started, no matter how much I enjoy it or dislike it. This is mainly out of curiosity.
2. Does a lot of hype surrounding a book make you more or less likely to read it? It would definitely spike my interest!! Then if the story line appeals to me I would probably end up reading it with high expectations. Sadly though, this has caused some disappointment.
3. What book do you love that you’re embarrassed to admit? I have actually never thought about this question, and now that I am, are unable to come up with one.
4. What book would you love to see as a movie – a movie that faithfully follows the book to a T? Oh, there are so many to choose from!!! But if I have to choose one it would have to be…. (oh the decision is just so hard!)…. Forsaken Dreams by Marylu Tyndall or Against the Tide by Elizabeth Camden. (Sorry that I listed two- I just couldn’t decide)
5. How many books have you read this year? I haven’t been counting, however would probably have to guess about 25. It is probably more though as I haven’t been keeping track.
6. Why did you start your blog? What do you to “promote” it? I started my blog to primarily post my book reviews. But once I realized how much fun blogging actually is, I broadened my horizons to now sharing my faith through video clips, bible verses, book reviews, author interviews and whatever else tickles my fancy 🙂 Well to promote it I just do what everyone else pretty much does: visit other blogs, liking and commenting on posts.
7. If you could have any super power what would it be? That’s a hard one, as I have never really thought about it. But in light of my current circumstances, being in year 12 and all, it would have to be wisdom and the ability to memorize everything the first time, meaning that I wouldn’t have to study so much.
8. Who would play your favorite author in a movie? The author I would nominate would be Colleen Coble, and as to who would play her I have trouble coming up with an actress. Yet I would recommend Josh Duhamel to act as Bane from Against the Tide by Elizabeth Camden.
9. If you read a book with terrific writing, but were unsatisfied with the story, do you still recommend it to others? Probably not, because to me the story line is everything! The terrific writing however would gain the book some credit and I would say so, however as far as recommending goes, I wouldn’t advise it.
10. What’s the last book that really surprised you – good or bad? Surprisingly Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson, in a good way!!! Dee Henderson has always and will always be one of my favourite authors and it is her amazing reputation of romantic suspense that probably raised my expectations too much when reading Full Disclosure. I was expecting first-class suspense, however realized half way through that it was going to be a mystery. Before-hand I braced myself to be scared and was disappointed when that didn’t happen. But once I got used to the idea, my thoughts were always on the book whenever I had to place it down, and I was disappointed when it ended. The different layers and twists were truly enjoyable. Of course the romance definitely didn’t let me down.
Now for my nominees. I had so much trouble picking 10 blogs to nominate and I appologise to those who have been left out. Hopefully I will get another award soon to nominate you!! However the ones I chose are…….
1. If you could pick a favourite author who would it be and why? What specific book or series of theirs do you highly recommend?
2. If you could pick any fictional world to live in, which would it be? What is so appealing about it?
3. Out of all the fictional characters you have been introduced to, who do you really want to meet? What is it about them that appeals to you?
4. What is your favourite bible verse and why (if it is not too personal)?
5. What has been your lifelong dream or aspiration?
6. If you were able to learn any language, which would it be?
7. You find a time travelling machine in your backyard. What period of your life would you revisit?
8. You are generously given 1 million dollars. How would you spend it?
9. If you were able to pick an actor/actress for one of your favourite fictional characters, who would it be?
10. Are there any recent movies you highly recommend?
Thanks again to http://stephaniesbookreviews.wordpress.com for nominating me. I have fun answering your questions and am honored to have been nominated. It’s ok if you don’t wish to accept this award. However either way, just leave a comment below so I am able to read your answers 🙂 Have fun!!