Thankyou so much Stephanie from http://stephaniesbookreviews.wordpress.com for nominating me. It has truly encouraged me and I am thrilled to accept it. I can say though that I was surprised. It has made my day!
– Link back the blogger that tagged you
– Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
– Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate
– Let your nominees know of their award
1. I have a compulsive need to finish a series once I start it. What are your book compulsions? If I ever considered buying a book part of a series, I had to first buy the whole series and then begin reading from the beginning, even if the books weren’t connected. Thankfully now though, I have broken away from that However one ongoing compulsion of mine is needing to finish reading a book once started, no matter how much I enjoy it or dislike it. This is mainly out of curiosity.
2. Does a lot of hype surrounding a book make you more or less likely to read it? It would definitely spike my interest!! Then if the story line appeals to me I would probably end up reading it with high expectations. Sadly though, this has caused some disappointment.
3. What book do you love that you’re embarrassed to admit? I have actually never thought about this question, and now that I am, are unable to come up with one.
4. What book would you love to see as a movie – a movie that faithfully follows the book to a T? Oh, there are so many to choose from!!! But if I have to choose one it would have to be…. (oh the decision is just so hard!)…. Forsaken Dreams by Marylu Tyndall or Against the Tide by Elizabeth Camden. (Sorry that I listed two- I just couldn’t decide)
5. How many books have you read this year? I haven’t been counting, however would probably have to guess about 25. It is probably more though as I haven’t been keeping track.
6. Why did you start your blog? What do you to “promote” it? I started my blog to primarily post my book reviews. But once I realized how much fun blogging actually is, I broadened my horizons to now sharing my faith through video clips, bible verses, book reviews, author interviews and whatever else tickles my fancy 🙂 Well to promote it I just do what everyone else pretty much does: visit other blogs, liking and commenting on posts.
7. If you could have any super power what would it be? That’s a hard one, as I have never really thought about it. But in light of my current circumstances, being in year 12 and all, it would have to be wisdom and the ability to memorize everything the first time, meaning that I wouldn’t have to study so much.
8. Who would play your favorite author in a movie? The author I would nominate would be Colleen Coble, and as to who would play her I have trouble coming up with an actress. Yet I would recommend Josh Duhamel to act as Bane from Against the Tide by Elizabeth Camden.
9. If you read a book with terrific writing, but were unsatisfied with the story, do you still recommend it to others? Probably not, because to me the story line is everything! The terrific writing however would gain the book some credit and I would say so, however as far as recommending goes, I wouldn’t advise it.
10. What’s the last book that really surprised you – good or bad? Surprisingly Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson, in a good way!!! Dee Henderson has always and will always be one of my favourite authors and it is her amazing reputation of romantic suspense that probably raised my expectations too much when reading Full Disclosure. I was expecting first-class suspense, however realized half way through that it was going to be a mystery. Before-hand I braced myself to be scared and was disappointed when that didn’t happen. But once I got used to the idea, my thoughts were always on the book whenever I had to place it down, and I was disappointed when it ended. The different layers and twists were truly enjoyable. Of course the romance definitely didn’t let me down.
Now for my nominees. I had so much trouble picking 10 blogs to nominate and I appologise to those who have been left out. Hopefully I will get another award soon to nominate you!! However the ones I chose are…….
Poetrycottage / Winterville First Baptist Church Media Centre
1. If you could pick a favourite author who would it be and why? What specific book or series of theirs do you highly recommend?
2. If you could pick any fictional world to live in, which would it be? What is so appealing about it?
3. Out of all the fictional characters you have been introduced to, who do you really want to meet? What is it about them that appeals to you?
4. What is your favourite bible verse and why (if it is not too personal)?
5. What has been your lifelong dream or aspiration?
6. If you were able to learn any language, which would it be?
7. You find a time travelling machine in your backyard. What period of your life would you revisit?
8. You are generously given 1 million dollars. How would you spend it?
9. If you were able to pick an actor/actress for one of your favourite fictional characters, who would it be?
10. Are there any recent movies you highly recommend?
Thanks again to http://stephaniesbookreviews.wordpress.com for nominating me. I have fun answering your questions and am honored to have been nominated. It’s ok if you don’t wish to accept this award. However either way, just leave a comment below so I am able to read your answers 🙂 Have fun!!
17 thoughts on “I’ve Been Nominated: The Liebster Award”
Posted a reply on the very first day this post was released but K guess for some reason it didn’t upload.
Anyway, thank you so much for nominating my blog. Feel so honored right now. Gladly accept! My post will be ready soon. 🙂
And congrats on your nomination as well!
I just posted about the Liebster and linked back to you. Here it is and thanks again! http://brittreadsfiction.wordpress.com/2013/08/25/wow-a-liebster-award-thanks/
Hey, I just posted and thought you might want to read the answers to the questions you asked me! I do tend to get wordy, so my answers are long, and some are crazy (but that’s me!). Thanks again!
Thanks so much for nominating my blog! I am working on coming up with answers and nominating other blogs. That does seem to be the hardest thing to do!
Thank-you!! I am absolutely thrilled and honored to have been nominated! I gladly accept! I look forward to continuing to follow your blog!
Very cool. Congrats on the award. 🙂
Thank you for nominating our blog for this award. I’m thrilled! I have sick grandson’s to care for today (and tomorrow possibly), so I’ll get busy with all the requirements in the next few days! There’s a lot of work to do for this award, huh? But I’m happy to do it and can’t wait to try and answer your questions. One problem will be finding other blogs to nominate…you have nominated some that I would have too!
I’m glad to have made your day! I hope everything will go as planned (praying).
Yes, there is a lot to do, and I also had trouble nominating other blogs!! That was probably the hardest thing for me to do 🙂
But I hope you have fun!!
Whoops! Here is the corrected link.
God bless you and thanks! Complied with the rules 😉. http://afriendforever54.wordpress.com/2013/08/20/I've-been-nominated-for-the-Liebster-award/
Thank you so much for your nomination … I will decline though sorry as I have decided not to accept any.
Congratulations to you for receiving it though and for thinking of me!
Just wondering if it is ok to nominate another blog then instead. I hope that you won’t take offense at this, as it is nothing personal. It is just another blog that has also greatly encouraged me along the way. their link is: http://wfbcmediacenter.wordpress.com/. You will still be kept on the list, and highly acknowledged!!!
Of course you can … no offense at all … thank you so much for your kind words … have a beautiful day xx
I really enjoyed The O’Malley series by Dee Henderson. They’re all kind of the same book – with slight deviations – but since I liked that book, it didn’t bother me. I need to check out Full Disclosure!
It is definately a must read series!!! I wish it never had to end 🙂
Full Disclosure is an amazing book, although don’t expect anything like the O’Malley series because you might be disappointed, like me. My review comes out next week, which will hopefully express how much I enjoyed it.
Glory to God! Thank you and God bless you for nominating my blog! OMG 😉