What a lark! What a plunge! What a SURPRISE!!! Thanks so much to D.L Kamstra and J.C Morrows for nominating me for this award and on the SAME DAY, just hours apart!! It is truly a gift from heaven!! You have no idea how encouraging it is to be awarded this, knowing that there are readers out there who appreciate my posts. (well actually you probably can considering you just won it as well. Congratulations!! 🙂 ) Therfore, I have decided to do things in doubles…….
Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
Write a post and link back to the blogger who nominated you.
Nominate 15 other bloggers.
Inform them of their nomination via comment on their blog.
Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
~ Fourteen Interesting Facts about Myself ~
1) The first one is somewhat of a confession actually. When reading books, I have this terrible tendency to flick to the end to know how many chapters it contains, as well as the amount of pages. As you can probably imagine, I then can spoil the book for myself as I quickly skim the pages, although I try really hard no to! Before, however it was worse! I used to purposefully read the last page and then chapter. This would sometimes happen once I have started reading a few chapters, before I even began reading or half-way though. I know, it’s terrible!! Back then though, it was more about the adventure and how it got to that resolution. Thankfully though I’m not that bad anymore!! (I wanted to start reading a book. Yes, I flicked to the back to see the number of pages and chapters. Unfortunately though, it somewhat ruined it for me. It’s now laying to the side waiting for me to pick it up again at a different time.)
2) At the moment, I really want to learn Swedish and Danish. I am already learning Swedish and it has been quite fun. However we’ll see how long it will last J I can already speak German and English.
3) I am hoping to become a nurse, especially a pediatric nurse. I’ve always had this fascination with hospitals, as cruel as that may sound. Last year I had one week work experience in the hospital midwifery ward. It was lots of fun!!
4) My favourite animal? Rabbits.
5) Everyone loves chocolate and lollies, including me. However the chocolate and lollies I receive or buy tend to sit in a bowl in my room. If there are several of the same kind, I might just eat one. To my knowledge, the most one has stayed in my bowl for is 6 months. For some reason I just don’t feel compelled to eat it. (I received chocolates for my birthday which was in October and I still have all of them left).
6) I love my mochas! Yet I know that there are varying types, such as too much chocolate or coffee. I love mine with a hint of coffee, making it bitter sweet.
7) I love collecting. I have over 50 books sitting in my shelf in my room. I have also just started collecting CD and DVDs. The DVDs I tend to borrow from the library first and then buy them if I like it. My favourite DVDs: A Walk To Remember, The Prince and Me (1st one) and 10 Things I Hate About You. My favourite books: A Simple Mistake, Forsaken Dreams, The Accidental Bride, Claiming Mariah and many more…. My Favourite CDs: Britt Nicole’s Gold, Francesca Battisteli’s Papercut Heart and Mandisa’s Overcomer.
8) My favourite food? Hmmm that’s a hard one as I don’t really have one. However I love eating lasagne, spaghetti, potato salad, carrot salad (german recipe 🙂 ) anything healthy, being fruits (cantelope, strawberries, blueberries, plum, nectarine, peaches, oranges, cherries), some sort of seed, cinamon, saltana bread from Baker’s Delight and ….. anything healthy that tastes good!!
9) My favourite sports include soccer and tennis. Come to the Australian open I am pretty much glued to the TV whenever one of my favourite players play!
10) I would love to one day go to a concert of one of my favourite bands/singers! It’s a shame that my favourite Christian singers that live in America don’t tour regularly in Australia. I wish they would!!
11) I would love to visit a Denmark, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Austria, France, America, Hawaii, Fiji, New Zealand. If only I had so much money!!
12) My favourite Christian authors? Well there are quite a few so be patient with me: Jenny B Jones, Marylu Tyndall, Denise Hunter, Shelley Gray, Cara Lynn James, Dee Henderson, Tracie Peterson, Elizabeth Camden, Colleen Coble, Jen Turano, Dani Pettrey, Irene Hannon, Jody Hedlund, Tamera Alexander, Laurie Alice Eakes, Candice Calvert, Andrea Grigg AND (last but most definately not least) Pam Hillman! (in no particular order!!)
13) I am terribly introverted and therefore hate speaking in front of a large crowd, including children!! Having to meet new people on my own or to not appear too clingy to the person I know, it terrifying. Thanks to the Lord’s courage though, I have been able to have the best days of my life and meet some amazing people!!! Additionally, I am also part of the worship team at chuch. That said though, I stand far enough back from the microphone that no-one can hear me. Yes, I feel bad but I really don’t think I have a good voice anyway. I’m only there for the moral support. (Shhhh! Don’t tell anyone I just said that!!! 😛 ) This Sunday that just passed was also my first time leading the service. You can probably just imagine how nervous I was! Thankfully my church was very encouraging, including my siblings; so it really musn’t have been that bad. THANK THE GOOD LORD FOR HIS STRENGTH!!!
14) And lastly, hmmmmm….. Another question I ask authors is: “If you were given a million dollars, what would you do with it?” Firstly, I would donate at least half of it to different charities, if not more! (I mean, what can one do with that much money??) Then it’s holiday time!! I would visit all my dream countries and destinations, whilst buying far too much clutter and momentos (I know what the Lord has to say: store up your treasures in heaven for eternity, as the moths will destroy all the earthly treasures). I also love giving, so come Christmas and Birthdays, I would buy everyone cool presents. If there is any money left over I will probably put it in to my bank account, after buying a car and possible house, of course. But that all depends how old I am when I get the money 😀
Now, time for my nominees. Thankfully because I’m doubling everything, I get to pick 30 people!!! Yay!! So, here you are:
Thanks again to D.L Kamstra and J.C Morrows for nominating me! It has really lifted my spirits. I had fun writing out those ‘7’ interesting things about myself and I hope that you all enjoy reading them 🙂 I’m sorry if some of the answers are long winded. I would love for all my nominees to comment or tell me somehow when they’ve posted their interesting facts! I would love to read them!! I hope you all have a blessed and a very happy Christmas. God Bless!!