Nick’s story is sure to steal your heart as you immerse in the fictional memoir of a young man’s struggle with loss, tragedy, and heartache. Shattered by his current circumstances, Nick, a former foster child, feels estranged from the world around him, and is weary of living on the frigid streets. One evening, his dream of an Italian feast turns hopelessly sour. Nick then steals a car and believes he is in danger after suspecting the car owner may be a criminal. During a haunting and intense moment of inner conflict, Nick wrestles with what he has done, and is forced to face the path his homeless life has taken him. He determines to follow his conscience; a decision that sweeps him past a few twists, and into a new faith and a new life. Black Coat with a Silver Lining strives to raise the awareness of the heartbreak, stark hardship, and impoverished state that leads to homelessness; and the tragic dilemma some foster children face when they age out of the foster care system. The story includes a multitude of topics including: the life of an orphaned child, compassion, love, humanity, struggles, betrayal, family, abandonment, heartache, poverty, hunger, destitution, shame, feelings of alienation, self-bashing, foster care, faith, mentoring, God, grace, forgiveness, everlasting peace, The Bible, the carnage caused by self-centeredness and divorce, homelessness, missions, getting arrested, and going to jail. A group discussion guide is included at the end of the book.
A Homeless Man Finds Hope. A christian fiction. Helping to raise awareness of homelessness and of the foster care kids who become homeless when they age out of the system, one reader at a time. Because a human being should never be devalued
~ Giveaway ~
2. Must follow my blog: Booklovers1 (only so no-one takes advantage of this offer and so that it is fair for the people already following me!!)
3. Leave a comment at the end of THIS post. One entry per person.
4. DO NOT include your personal mailing address in your comment for security reasons.
5. If we do not hear back from you in 5 days, we will draw another winner.
6. Please allow 2-3 weeks for book delivery.
7. If you win the book it would be really great if you could come back to this post after you have read it and tell us what you thought