It is so exciting to be getting back into the routine of things and being on my blog again by talking about a most talented author Denise Hunter. Could you think of a more exciting way to kick start the year?? If you have not read any of her books, you are truly missing out!! Full of romance you are bound to love them (if you love romance, of course 😛 ). The books I highly and strongly recommend are……. Where the links bring you to my reviews. But who is this person behind all the books?
Denise lives in Indiana with her husband Kevin and their three sons. In 1996, Denise began her first book, a Christian romance novel, writing while her children napped. Two years later it was published, and she’s been writing ever since. Her books often contain a strong romantic element, and her husband Kevin says he provides all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too! http://www.denisehunterbooks.com
1. My favourite book is either The Convenient Groom or The Accidental Bride- I can’t decide which one I like better!! What inspired you to write these stories? My love of marriage of convenience stories. 🙂 They’re a reader favorite for a reason.
2. I am getting Barefoot Summer for my birthday 🙂 What would you like your readers to discover by reading this book? How to find peace in the midst of a storm.
3. If you could meet any of your characters, who would it be? I feels as if I’ve already met all of them!
4. How do you go about developing your characters? Characters are funny beings. Sometimes they arrive on the page fully developed and other times, they reveal themselves to me bit by bit as I write their scenes.
5. Where do you love to write? I’m all about comfort. I write in my recliner in my living room.
6. What words of inspiration can you give beginning authors? Write the book you want to read.
7. What was the first book you wrote? Was it challenging to get it printed etc.? Stranger’s Bride. It was a historical romance, and yes, miraculously, it was published.
8. What is your favourite Bible verse? It changes by the moment, depending on what I’m learning and what is speaking to me at the moment.
9. Who is your favourite author? What books of theirs do you recommend? My favorite novel is Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, but my list of favorite authors is too long to print!
10. Currently I am sort of learning Swedish. Are there any other languages that you can speak or wish to learn? I took 3 years of Spanish in high school. I wish I could remember more than I do.
11. What is your favourite holiday destination? The next place. I love to go places I’ve never been. Of the places I have been, Switzerland and Venice are at the top of the list.
12. You are given a million dollars. How would you spend it? I’d give some away to worthy causes and save a large portion. I’m not much of a spender.
13. What is your favourite food? I have a terrible sweet tooth, so all my favorite foods are desserts, and I couldn’t possibly choose just one!
14. If you could have a dream pet, what would you choose, why? Baby polar bear, because they’re so cute and cuddly looking. But it would have to remain a baby because I prefer not to die by mauling. (Haha lol 😛 Wise choice. But I couldn’t agree more with you – they are most adorable!)
15. I am eagerly awaiting the release of Dancing with Fireflies. What can you tell us about this book? You can’t be more eager than I am! I loved writing this story. Daniel secretly loves Jade, and there are a host of complications and high stakes and good conflict. I think readers of Barefoot Summer are going to be very happy.