– Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
– I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak, but the sleek and the strong I will destroy. I will shepherd the flock with justice.
– Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine on the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbours together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
– In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.
– But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.
– For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.
– In the same way your father in Heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.